With this integration you can automatically post your wall entries into a Yammer feed. Below is an example of what a post looks like in Yammer for an individual recognition:
When adding an integration to Yammer, the connection is made via a Yammer user account rather than the system.
What does that mean? It means that if the user leaves and their Yammer account is deleted, your integration will stop working. It also means that when we post to a feed, it will appear to come from the Yammer user who setup the integration.
We highly recommend that you setup a new Yammer user (they must be a Group Admin) specifically for your scheme and name it accordingly, for example you could use your scheme name. In the above example screenshot we added a user called “Employee Recognition”. In Yammer you can also add a profile picture which can help show your employess its for your recognition scheme rather than a normal user.
Step 2 - Configure and enable the integration¶
- If all goes well and you authorised our connection request you should be redirected back to our integration setup page
- If you want to post to the “All Company” feed leave the ID field blank. However, if you want to post to a specific feed please enter the appropriate ID (please ask your Yammer administrator for assistance in finding the correct feed ID, all groups are listed at https://www.yammer.com/api/v1/groups.json)
- If you are running in a country with multiple languages please select the language you would like to post in. Please note that this only applies to the general content (e.g. “has been recognised by”) as the person making the recognition can enter the reason in any language. If in doubt set it to ‘English’
- To enable the integration we need to test the connection. Click the Enable button and we will post a test message to either the “All Company” feed or the feed you specified.
- Login to Yammer and view the appropriate feed, there should be a post that says “This message was sent to test the connection”
- If you cannot see the message, click No and contact Support.
- If everything is OK click Yes to enable the integration
The integration is now setup and any new wall posts should also be posted into Yammer. You can view what is happening by viewing the Integration Log.
I get an error “You do not have permission to make an Announcement in this group.”¶
This is because the user you have used to connect the account does not have appropriate persmissions to post an announcement to a group. Please ensure that the user is a Group Admin.
How do I disable the integration?¶
In the Workstars administration portal, go to Settings then Integrations and select the integration. Click the Disconnect button and confirm.
How do I change the settings (e.g. the account its connected to, channel it posts to, etc.)?¶
To ensure the setup works correctly it is not possible to change settings, please disable the integration and start again (see Step 1)