With this integration you can automatically post your wall entries into a Slack channel. Below is an example of what a post looks like in Slack for an individual recognition:
Step 2 - Configure and enable the integration¶
- If all goes well and you authorised our connection request you should be redirected back to our integration setup page
- If you are running in a country with multiple languages please select the language you would like to post in. Please note that this only applies to the general content (e.g. “has been recognised by”) as the person making the recognition can enter the reason in any language. If in doubt set it to ‘English’
- To enable the integration we need to test the connection. Click the Enable button and we will post a test message to the channel you chose during authorisation
- Login to Slack and view the channel, there should be a post that says “This message was sent to test the connection”
- If you cannot see the message, click No and contact Support.
- If everything is OK click Yes to enable the integration
The integration is now setup and any new wall posts should also be posted into Slack. You can view what is happening by viewing the Integration Log.
How do I disable the integration?¶
In the Workstars administration portal, go to Settings then Integrations and select the integration. Click the Disconnect button and confirm.
How do I change the settings (e.g. the account its connected to, channel it posts to, etc.)?¶
To ensure the setup works correctly it is not possible to change settings, please disable the integration and start again (see Step 1)