With this integration you can automatically post your wall entries into a Chatter group. Below is an example of what a post looks like in Chatter for an individual recognition:
When adding an integration to Chatter, the connection is made via a Chatter user account rather than the system.
What does that mean? It means that if the user leaves and their Chatter account is deleted, your integration will stop working. It also means that when we post to a feed, it will appear to come from the Chatter user who setup the integration.
We highly recommend that you setup a new Chatter user specifically for your scheme and name it accordingly, for example you could use your scheme name. In the above example screenshot we added a user called “Employee Recognition”. In Chatter you can also add a profile picture which can help show your employess its for your recognition scheme rather than a normal user.
Step 2 - Configure and enable the integration¶
- If all goes well and you authorised our connection request you should be redirected back to our integration setup page
- If you want to post to the “Company Highlights” group leave the ID field blank. However, if you want to post to a specific group please enter the appropriate ID (please ask your Chatter administrator for assistance in finding the correct group ID)
- If you are running in a country with multiple languages please select the language you would like to post in. Please note that this only applies to the general content (e.g. “has been recognised by”) as the person making the recognition can enter the reason in any language. If in doubt set it to ‘English’
- To enable the integration we need to test the connection. Click the Enable button and we will post a test message to either the “Company Highlights” group or the group you specified.
- Login to Chatter and view the appropriate group, there should be a post that says “This message was sent to test the connection”
- If you cannot see the message, click No and contact Support.
- If everything is OK click Yes to enable the integration
The integration is now setup and any new wall posts should also be posted into Chatter. You can view what is happening by viewing the Integration Log.
How do I disable the integration?¶
In the Workstars administration portal, go to Settings then Integrations and select the integration. Click the Disconnect button and confirm.
How do I change the settings (e.g. the account its connected to, channel it posts to, etc.)?¶
To ensure the setup works correctly it is not possible to change settings, please disable the integration and start again (see Step 1)